8. Sustainable places
Part 1 - Initial Draft (February 2015)
Representation ID: 1913
Respondent: Janice Wareham
1. The proposed housing targets for Ashover Parish are very high and are higher than targets for the district as a whole.
2. Targets are not based on evidence of local needs.
3. Ashover Parish settlements do not represent a sustainable location for such high levels of growth.
4. New draft policies (eg LP26) are not robust enough to protect high quality landscapes.
5. The Draft Plan is not adapted to rural development and takes no account of significant supply of housing provided by windfall sites. The majority of planning approvals granted have not been included in the figures.
6. Consultation has been poorly advertised.
See Enclosed Attachment